10/06/2014

Developing a paragraph

In a paragraph you can find three types of sentences:
- Topic sentence: It's usually the first one and it express the main idea of the paragraph.
- Supporting sentences: They are used to expand the main idea and the paragraph, and with them, you explain the idea, give an example, etc.
- Concluding sentence: It's the last sentence of the paragraph and it basically tells the idea of the topic sentence, but it's expressed with different words.
_________

Here is the paragraph I developed in class:

My mother always said that she had a bit of everything when she talked about her children: my brother and I. She said that because, although we're physically alike, our personalities are completely different. While my brother is very extrovert and socializes a lot, I'm very shy and introvert. People say that I'm hardworking, I love reading and I hate sports. My brother, on the other hand, has always been lazy, and instead of reading, he prefers going out or playing some sports. He's very loud, noisy, and blabbers a lot. I, on the contrary, am very quiet and I don't talk too much. My brother is a person who, unlike me, always tells the truth, no matter what could happen. He's also very optimistic and passionate, and he gets angry very easily, while I'm very pessimistic and I have more patience than him. Seeing all these differences that are between us, you can understand our mother when she says she has the day and the night.


3 comments:

  1. Your entry has reminded me of a song by my friend Alondra: http://open.spotify.com/track/7m7oXtmu0lkJSCt9sd3NUg

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my friend Alondra: http://youtu.be/pLwTQ-ldGUg
    I hope you enjoy the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete