10/14/2014

Gorka's birthday

Yesterday, October 13th, was my brother's birthday. I've been thinking on writing about this because of two reasons: first, I thought how much he has changed and I realised that it is because maybe time is passing faster everyday for me? I don't know, that thought is scaring me. And second, I'm very angry and I think God or whoever is up there is playing with me or maybe the Universe hates me.
But, well, let's explain this thing from the start. My parents are divorced: I live with my mum here in Murcia and my brother lives with my dad in Granada. As this last weekend was my grandma's saint, and also on Monday it was my brother's birthday, we made a family lunch on Saturday to celebrate it and we told my brother Gorka to go. So he came on Friday to stay the weekend, and he could go back on Monday because in Andalucia there was a holiday, so he didn't lose any classes. Let's take a look at my brother when he was little and how he is now:

Gorka (4 years) and me (5 years)
Gorka (17 years)
I have to say that when I saw him in the bus station I started laughing and said "Holy fuck, you have a beard!" (yeah, we don't see each other very much). But apart from that detail, he's still the same, right?
So, as I was saying, on his birthday we woke up very early to go to Murcia. I heard my mother walk into Gorka's room, switch on the lights, and say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!". I got up and I could hear all the smooches my mother was giving to him as I thought "poor boy" and walked into his room to congratulate him. Then, my mum asked him that typical, stupid question that I never understood: "How do you feel with 17 years?". He looked at her with a horrible face and said "sleepy". Well, what else could he had answered?
He got a lot of money from our family members, and I gave him a League of Legends hoodie (he's a videogame freak and he absolutely loves that game). Then we went to Murcia and said goodbye to him, and I went to class as usual. 
Until then, everything was fine. Afterwards I went to my flat and while I was having dinner, he sent me a whatsapp saying "look at what dad gave me for my birthday haha", with these pictures:






Kitties...? ARE YOU SERIOUS DAD? COULDN'T YOU THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE FOR A BIRTHDAY PRESENT?? WHY KITTIES??? WHY???? *frustrated screeching*
I swear to god, I want to kill someone. This is so unfair. I've been without a pet since... well, since my parents got divorced. My first and only pet I've ever had was my dog Beltxa, and my brother has another dog named Txuri, too. In the divorce my dad decided to take the dogs with him and take care of them. So I didn't see my dog too much, and it was kind of weird. We've been with our dogs since we were 8 more or less...
Beltxa as a puppy
Txuri as a puppy
Recent picture
"But you can still visit him whenever you want, duh!". The thing is... my dog passed away last Easter. And they told me that two months later, when I went there to visit them. I miss him a lot, and I think of how lucky is my brother to still have his beloved Txuri, that I love a lot too, but it's not the same. And now, he also has two cats.
This is why I'm mad. This is why I want to scream and cry, why I'm completely sure that the Universe hates me. Because I am being left behind, and I'm feeling so lonely it hurts. 
Never underestimate the love of a pet. It can have a great effect in your heart.



1 comment:

  1. Excellent entry, Alazne. I felt as if I were there with Gorka and you. I hope you can adopt a nice dog or a cat soon.

    ReplyDelete